Wednesday, November 25, 2015

One pumpkin image, two ways

Hi everyone!  I have a couple fall cards to share both using the same pumpkin image from the Thanksgiving Medley stamp set.
 For my first card, I stamped the pumpkin on Oatmeal Cookie cardstock, trimmed it, dragged the edges of the panel in clear pigment ink, and embossed with gold powder.  I did this on the patterned paper panel as well.  I layered the pumpkin over the Treat Label die and then on the Doily die.  This was the first time I've used the Doily and boy do I LOVE it!

For my second card, I stamped the pumpkin on Whip Cream and fussy cut it out and popped it on top of a frame created by layering the Ornate Label dies.
 There is a lot going on in this little square card.  First I used the Modeling Paste over the Vintage Screen stencil to create a textured background.  You can check out this blog post for a short tutorial on how I do this.  After that dried, I tapped a little bit of the Dark Roast and Citrus Cooler Silks for a bit of color.  Lastly, I added a bit of the Sparkle Dust (ultra fine glitter) to the pumpkin and leaves image. 

 Here's a macro pic showing the glitter and the stenciled paste in the background.  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!!
All supplies are Fun Stampers Journey
Doily Pumpkin card- 
Stamps, punches and dies: 
Thanksgiving Medley Stamp Set SS-0131
Treat Label Die Set DI-0037
Doily Die DI-0105 
Cardstock and Inks:  
Tangerine Fusion Cardstock CS-0036
Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock CS-0023
Cocoa Powder Cardstock CS-0008
Harvest Days Prints PP-0017
Cocoa Powder Ink IP-0016
Tangerine Fusion Ink IP-0005
Clear Pigment Ink IP-0102 
Accessories: 
Natural Twine AC-0005
Wooden Accents AC-0031
Cocoa Powder Satin Ribbon AC-0142
Journey Brads-mini AC-0174
Journey Gold Embossing Powder IP-0101
Thanks Pumpkin card-
Stamps, punches and dies: 
Thanksgiving Medley Stamp Set SS-0131 
Ornate Label Die Set DI-0077 
Cardstock and Inks:   
Whip Cream Cardstock CS-0040 
Hazelnut Blend Cardstock CS-0013
Cocoa Powder Ink IP-0016
Pumpkin Bread Ink IP-0057
Green Olive Ink IP-0072 
Accessories: 
Vintage Screen Stencil JM-0002 
Journey Modeling Paste JM-0073 
Journey Sparkle Dust AC-0013 
Journey Sequins Celebrations AC-0115 
Natural Journey Thread AC-0133
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, Thank you for sharing this wonderful layered and textured card with us. I'm only a learner with the texture paste, but hopefully I'll get better. Janelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gold edge around the pumpkin square - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doily a lot. Your second card is pretty and love the glitter.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.