Thursday, April 23, 2015

Quick and easy birthday card

Hi everyone!  Today's card features another FUN new card front die from the Celebra'tions line.  This one is called Happy Birthday and you may recognize the elephant and presents images which are also in the stamp set, Your Day which I used on this card.
 I love these new card front dies!  There are 4 different designs released, Happy Birthday, Eat Cake, Celebrate and It's a Party and they all make cute and detailed card fronts with one pass through the Grand Calibur.
I dressed it up by sponging Versamark ink to the openings and embossing with glitter EP and then added an extra layer of flowers.  But it's just as cute if you cut them and leave as is.  Either way they make quick and easy cards!!
 Happy Birthday card front die:
 The flowers on the die match the stamp and die set, Just Because, so I stamped and embossed a couple more for an extra layer on my card.  I also want too mention that the elephant from the stamp set is slightly smaller than this die cut.   My idea was to stamp him on top of the die cut, but it didn't work out.

I wanted to give a quick update on my vertigo.  Thank you again for all your emails and comments.  Things slowly improved after my last course of meds and then reached a plateau.  I am functioning at about 80% and still get dizzy with laying down, getting up and looking up.  I am currently looking for a local ENT doc without an appt window of over a month.  Sigh.. things are never simple, are they?   Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  Here is a close up picture.
Card Deets:   
Spellbinders Celebra'tions Dies Happy Birthday (SCD-034) Shapeabilities®
Celebra'tions stamps and supplies Just Because Stamp and die set (SCSD-008); Cardstock in Whirl White (SCP-013), Cool Caribbean (SCP-002), Sea Spray (SCP-001) and Golden Glow (SCP-009)
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares    
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, loving this fun and pretty card, The embossing and added glitter really adds great dimension. Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute die cut. Love your details and the color is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love the glitter accents and layered flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.