Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Seasons Givings winner and challenge card

Hi everyone!  I want to thank everyone for the lovely comments and well wishes on my Seasons Givings blog post!  Some of you even became new blog followers of mine and for that I am humbly grateful!!  Time to chose my two winners, Random.org helped me chose #5 and #49 as my winners:

1.  Carisa December 31, 2014 at 10:42 PM
  Gorgeous cards! Great giveaway - fun blog hop! Happy New Year!
     -----and-----
2.  Susie January 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  Beautiful, beautiful projects. Thank you for the opportunity to win one of your wonderful prizes. berkerster at gmail dot com

Congratulations ladies!  I have sent you both emails to get your mailing information.
*************************************************
I also have a card to share today.  This is the third installment in my Christmas thank you card feature.  This card also uses the pattern paper and Perfect Pearls from the Simon Says Stamp January kit, but this time the main focus is the gorgeous Layered Poinsettia flowers.
Here is the Layered Poinsettia die set:
 For my flowers, I die cut and layered each size with champagne shimmer paper and patterned paper.  I love mixing up my flowers that way.  Here's a close up picture.
I played along with the new MFT card challenge blog and this week it's a sketch!  It was perfect for what I wanted to use on my card today.  I love it when that happens.
 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Card Deets:   
Spellbinders Dies: S5-055 Layered Poinsettia
S5-172 A2 Curved Matting Basics B and
S5-171 A2 Curved Matting Basics A
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp, Many Thanks stamp set
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black 
Other Supplies: Bazzill White and Velvet cardstock; Bo Bunny Altitude 6x6 paper pad; Perfect Pearls Grape Fizz; Burlap String in natural; Queen and Co Bubbles in clear
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares   
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders dies at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card !! ..I love the way those flower shimmer adds such a lovely touch to the card !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your card is gorgeous. I love the way you layered the poinsettias with the shimmer paper and DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning Michelle! The die-cut poinsettias are beautiful. I am so happy you played along with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love, love, love that shimmer paper you used. Your poinsettias are gorgeous, too. You always come up with the greatest ideas and appealing cards. Thanks for your inspiration. Congrats to all the winners, too. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love poinsettias and you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card; I love that you mixed up the papers! It really makes the flowers stand out. I'm also a diehard,life long Niners fan. I was incredibly sad, though not surprised, to see Harbaugh go. Huge mistake. HUGE! York + Baalke = dumb and dumber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Carisa and Suzie. Gorgeous card Michelle. Love the paper and how you did your flowers, the close up really showed them well, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Michelle. Love the way you layered those poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winners! The poinsettia is gorgeous...LOVE the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely LOVELY, Michelle! Thanks for joining us at the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful Michelle! Love the colors you chose and that flower is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.