Sunday, November 2, 2014

FS404 70th birthday card

Hi everyone!  I have a fun card to share today.  I made time to play in this week's Featured Stamper challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers.  For those of you new to this challenge, each week an active member of SCS is chosen and the challenge is to find a card in their gallery and CASE it.  You must change at least 2 things and give credit to the stamper.  I used to play along every Sunday and stalked the challenge thread Saturday night to see who the Featured Stamper was.  But alas, the kids got older and I got busier and now I just don't have the time.  But this was so much fun I want to try and make this a regular thing now!!

The Featured Stamper this week is Monia.  She has an amazing gallery with so much detail and flowers, I think I was a kid in a candy store picking a card to CASE!  I chose this lovely card.  I changed the color scheme, card shape, main flower type among other things.  But I kept to the card layout.
My mom turned 70 last week (I didn't send her a card yet, I know, I know!), and she loves my cards that have more layers and flowers, so this one was perfect for her.  Her favorite color is purple, so I chose to work with Bazzill's Sour Grape cardstock for my main color.
My flower is from Spellbinders Create-a-Rose set.  I went a little crazy and added a few more layers than normal.  You can see a step out tutorial on how I made the rose on this blog post.  There are also complete PDF instructions on Spellbinders web page on the Create-a-Rose page.  The card shape is from Labels 42 and coordinating accent layers are from the Labels 42 Decorative Elements set.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  Here is a close up picture.  You can even see the subtle glitter I added to the flower!
Card Deets:  
Spellbinders Dies:
S2-067 Create-a-Rose Shapeabilities®; S4-471 Labels 42, S4-473 Labels 42 Decorative Elements Nestabilities®
Other Supplies: Purple,White and green cardstock; Silver metallic string; Glitter stickers, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, silver glitter accent baubles, branch punch
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares 

NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders dies at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous. A special card for your mom's 70th birthday. I know she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Michele. I love purple and shades thereof and this is so pretty with the dies you used. Im sure your mom definately will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.