Monday, October 20, 2014

Breast cancer awareness -I'm here for you

Hi everyone!  Today is the 2nd day of the week full of cards that the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store is devoting to the issue of Breast Cancer Awareness. We’ve been inspired to create these cards in coordination with the Hope You Can Cling To event over at Splitcoaststampers. It’s an annual event SCS sponsors to raise awareness and to provide a variety of cards to MD Anderson Cancer Center, for their patients and families. The SCS event involves lots of challenges posted during the month of October with lots of prizes being offered. Be sure to check it out!
Here is my card:
 I love feathers, to me they're hopeful.  There is a lot of symbolism associated with feathers for many cultures, especially the Native Americans.  Feathers from different birds have different meanings from the Dove symbolizing love, Eagle feathers bringing strength, to the Raven bringing knowledge.
My youngest son and I love to collect them and whenever we go anywhere or take a walk, we are always on the lookout for feathers.  Finding a feather on the ground means you are on the right path.
So I thought my feather die cut was perfect for this card.  I used the negative outline of my die cut and let the strips of paper and sequins peek through.

Aren't these Feathers dies beautiful?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  Here is a close up picture.
Card Deets:  
Spellbinders Dies: S4-428 Feathers Shapeabilities®; S5-172 A2 Curved Matting Basics B Nestabilities®  
Stamp Set: JustRite Papercrafts, Oak Leaves cling stamp set

Other Supplies:   Vellum cardstock; MME Market Street "Necessities Reds" 6x6 paper pad; 1/4" silk ribbon in Pink; sequins, Yellow Rhinestones

Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares   

NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders dies at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Michelle. I also have a small collection of feathers and I loved your explanation of the meanings. Your card is just gorgeous using the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I absolutely love everything about this card, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! what a lovely card with that beautiful feather die cut with your beautiful background showing through!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.