Saturday, December 17, 2011

FTL171 A set of quick Christmas cards

Hi everyone!  I have a quick post for today.  Isn't this time of year CRAZY BUSY?!?  Anyhoo, I am dreadfully behind with my Christmas cards.  So I took the Fall To Layout sketch 171 and made several flat, easy to mail cards.  

I will admit that I send out the more elaborate and embellished cards to my close friends and family, but there are always that list of about 10 people who you send cards to and get the flatter ones?  Kwim?  Distant relatives?  Anyway, these cards will be for them.

To make things go faster, all the cards use the same pattern paper pad from My Mind's Eye, the 12 Days of Christmas.  1/2 of the cards use the JustRite Stamp set, O Christmas Tree (which is on sale for $11.21).  This set coordinates with Spellbinders Nested Pennants die sets!  I added ribbons to most of them, except the 2 masculine cards, where I used strips of brown cardstock instead (I think my Uncles will appreciate the lack of ribbon, lol).  So here is a pic of the 6 cards I made last night.
Here is a close up of the 2 masculine cards I made.  The little snowflakes on the top panel is also a stamp from the O Christmas Tree set, I added a drop of Stickles to the center.
 
Hey, see the glittery reindeer?  It was made with something new and fun!  Zoom Creative Glitterfast sheets.  Yep, this is a new product that has a MESS FREE glitter sheets.  They are really cool and easy to work with.  What you do is stick the glitter sheet to the adhesive shapes, rub it on and peel it off.  I got these shapes from the Greeting Card kit. You can also get plain sheets and die cut them in any shape you want!  Sa-weet!

Here are the other cards from the set.
 
 
This last one on the left used all the paper scraps from making the other cards.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Most supplies used on these can be found at the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Card Deets:
Stamps - O Christmas Tree 

Paper - MME pattern paper, 12 Days of Christmas; ivory, red, aqua, green and brown cardstock
Accessories - Spellbinders S5-028 Nested Pennants and S5-029 Nested Lacey Pennants, 1/2" Red Wrinkled ribbon, white/silver metallic solid edge ribbon, red metallic velvet ribbon, Zoom Creative Greeting Card Embellishment Kit, rhinestones, copic markers


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. These are great, Michelle! Great use of the papers and love the trees. I'm also "selective" on who I send the elaborate ones too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of cards. The different patterned papers are so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bunch of cards, Michelle! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards, love the tree!!!
    To get one of your cards is a thrill no matter how elaborate and embellished it is or isn't!!!
    Your work is wonderful.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are all fantastic! I love seeing so many takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness but these are cute! I don't think I need anymore Christmas cards, but I love the ideas you have working here and that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely terrific! Love these fun and colourful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous set of cards, Michelle! I love the papers and the way you turned the pennant dies into trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so gorgeous! What a great set :) That glitter paper sounds amazing, thanks for the info on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute set Michelle! Love each of these gorgeous cards! And the glitter paper is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look fabulous, it's great when you can knock out a few at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey little Roomie...it's been a while!! I see that you have been busy making some fabulous Christmas cards...each one is a real beauty!! Sure do hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas...Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are cute! Fun little cards and CAS style.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.