Saturday, August 13, 2011

Life is better with friends

Hi everyone!  Have you all seen the cute new JustRite Stampers set called, Spread Your Wings?  I really love the bird cage images in this set.  They are soooooo pretty!  

I thought it would be cool to emboss the cage with silver.  Love how it turned out!  See my hot pink birds?  Yeah, I took creative license with this one.  I used the colors in this bright paper pad from SEI.  I think the shape with the Reverse Wonky rectangles makes a great back drop for this image.
A little tip when embossing images, I stamp and emboss it separately then I cut out my image and adhere it to the rectangle panel.  That way my rectangle doesn't warp and will layer straight.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
Card Deets:
Stamps - Spread Your Wings (JustRite Stampers)
Paper - White and Kraft cs, Sunny Days 6x6 pad (SEI)
Accessories - Reverse Wonky Rectangles, Classic Rectangles Nestabilities, 2mm and 3mm rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), white pom trim, Scalloped border punch, silver EP

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Soooo pretty! I think this set is beautiful, I love how you used it and the nesites. Oh and the little pom poms, they add a little fun and whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great tip on embossing & trimming separately. Those pom-poms with the bling below make me think of jingle bells. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely. That pompom ribbon is so cute and I love the DP and layout you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too cute Michelle!! Love how you've 'hung' the birdcage, the colours are great and love the trim!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card girl! Love that birdcage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have great cards my friend that is cute. but driffernt becuse of the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.