Sunday, August 28, 2011

Card Ideas sketch cards

Hi everyone!  So have you all seen the newest Paper Crafts special edition magazine called Card Ideas for Paper Crafters?  Well it's available now, and chock full of wonderful sketches and includes 4 samples for each one!  I have the pleasure of having a card published in this issue using the horizontal sketch found on page 80.  Check it out!

I made several cards for this call that were not chosen, a couple I re-submitted for publications and some I can share with you.  I have one to share today that I made for one of the circle sketches.  This cutie frog is from the Gina K set, Little Critters designed by Theresa Momber.  The paper is Once Upon a Lifetime from Graphic 45.  I just LOVED the idea of stamping the sentiment on the mushroom cap.  How cute is that??? 
If you are curious which cards made the cut using this sketch, you can find it on page 8 -they are all quite cute!

I often get asked how I make my circle cards.  What I do is die cut 2 cardstock circles (one at a time), then I score the top of 1 circle (this will be the back), fold it over and adhere only the folded piece to the inside of the front circle.  Make sure to line up the scallops before the glue dries!  Once they are lined up, I use a clothespin to clamp them together while it dries.
 
Here is a picture of the back of this card.  Hopefully this will help you visualize.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Card Deets:

Stamps - Little Critters (Gina K Designs)
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper - Pure Luxury White and Kraft cardstock (GKD), Once Upon a Springtime 8x8 pad (Graphic 45)
Accessories - Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles LG and Standard Circle LG and SM, Classic Scalloped Rectangles LG Nestabilities, and Labels 18, burlap string in Natural (May Arts), copic markers, silver pearls (Recollections by Michael's)


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. You publishing queen you :) This card is too cute! Love the circle frame you used and the sentiment on the mushroom is perfect! Will have to check my LSS to see if they have this in stock and look up your creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is so cute! Congrats on the Publication and the blog hop girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This is soooo cute! I love the sentiment on the mushroom, clever! I will have to pick up the magazine, I love some good sketches. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your publication, how exciting is that!! Just love your frog card, to cute for words. Also thanks for the tip on your circle cards, they are always so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle for showing us how you make a circle card..
    I love your way.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your publication, well done!
    This little frog is the cutest frog ever! A very sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.