Saturday, June 5, 2010

Viva La Verve

Hi everyone!  It's the weekend and it couldn't have come sooner around here!  Been super busy doing nothing it seems.  How does that happen?  LOL!

I have a Viva La Verve challenge card to share today.  My card uses the new set, Happy Days.  You know, this set is a "creeper" meaning it sorta creeped up on me as my GO TO set!  LOL!  Love it!

The bright pinks and yellows on the inspiration picture led me directly to the DeLovely papers, from Cosmo Cricket.  The felt flower and leaves are from Creative Cafe.

Here is the sketch and inspiration picture for the challenge. 


Update on my remodel:  Well, the weather here in Portland has RUINED our plans of doing our new driveway in June.  You see, we are drowning in rain over here!  My concrete guy informed me we absolutely CAN NOT pour concrete when it's raining.  Sigh... Looks like I will now be doing he driveway in August.  The Kitchen remodel is still set for July.  Yes, I am doing one at a time.  Otherwise I would need to be committed!  LOL!

AND, I have been playing around with a couple digital blog kits with some help from my friend, Maureen.  Check out my new banner and sidebar buttons!  

Card Deets:
Stamps - Happy Days
Ink - Raspberry fizz, Black
Paper - white, black and raspberry fizz cardstock, DeLovely 6x6 pad (Cosmo)
Accessories - felt flowers, swiss dots EF, yellow rhinestones, Scallop trim border punch
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Darling card, Michelle :D Love the touches of bling all over.

    I hear you re: the rain! Ugh!! We had two weeks of Spring about a month ago and that's been it. The humidity has been nasty for a few days and it is reeking havoc on my curly hair!! I look like a bush woman LOL! Sorry to hear it will cause your driveway paving to be delayed...

    I commented on Maureen's new blog banner etc. and yours is great too. She gave me the links and if I get any time in the summer, I may play around with it a bit because it is crazy busy with only three weeks of school left!!

    Aaack, I'm not ready for summer and kids home all day yet! Gone are the days when I can just toss a kiddy pool out in the back yard and have them play for hours out there. Need to get creative in what to do with them! Two sets of swimming lessons, VBS, a soccer camp, library summer reading contest and set so just need to find things to fill in with. Maybe some volunteering at the food bank or SPCA or something.

    Have a great weekend and let's hope we get some sunshine soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright, fun card! Love the colors and your use of white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I don't know how much help I was ...but it's fun to support each other!! LOVE the colours...wasn't that a great inspiration photo? Hmmm...I've had my eye on that Verve set...perhaps I "need" it!! LOL I'm going to challenge myself to use the whole blog kit in the summer...then come down to Oregon and do yours!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Michelle! WHOOT! I love those colors together, who would have thought that! I totally understand the "being committed" part on the remodel, one at a time is so much better!!! Then things can get finished up and put away before moving on...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MIchelle, what a gorgeous, fresh card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous design Michelle, love the layout and colors, especially all that schmazy bling!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. That Happy Days set is calling out to me. Perfect papers (I love the DeLovely paper).
    Oh I hear you about the "rain" - It can go away and not come another day for awhile if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. I love the color combo and that felt flower is just the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the color choices and the way you stamped the sentiment in two different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great card Michelle! love that curvy piece you cut out and popped up! Great colors for the inspiration too! Sorry your remodel plans are not going smoothly! It will all be done before you know it though!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.