Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake Inspiration challenge

Hi everyone! I have a double challenge card and a fun Michael's find to share with you today. Lookie....
... mmm, yummy cupcake! This is the image Rachel chose for this week's for Hope Stamps Eternal's Cupcake Inspiration challenge.

The white filigree bottoms reminded me immediately of my Martha Stewart bridal kit find. I used some Basic Grey Wisteria papers, lots of Kaiser rhinestones, some prima flowers and May Arts white dotted organdy ribbon.

The card follows this week's Fall to Layout #47 from the Clean and Simple blog. I love these weekly Fall to Sketches, but rarely get time to play along. Don't you wish there were 2 more hours in the day JUST FOR STAMPING?! -LOL!

AND... don't you just LOOOOOOVE Michael's? Look at what I found there yesterday...


Woohoo! Yep, that is a cute set of 8 notecards with envies I found in their dollar section! I actually sat down in the isle and went thru ALL their new designs and settled on the owls (OMG, so many to chose from -apples, flowers, roosters, ACK!). I got the note cards, coupon holder, magnet, and the to do/shopping list pad!! Look how I altered the note cards...

How fun! I don't know if you can see (click for a larger image), I added a row of rhinestones and brads along the bottom and on the tree blooms. I trimmed the notecard and mounted it on cardstock, added some Zva Creative felt flowers and a punched out sentiment. I am going to turn these into a set of Thank You/Hello note cards. My sister's friends buy these up faster than I can make them!! Oh happy day!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Card Deets:
Stamps - Thank you sentiment from clear stamp set
Paper - Kraft, white, Wisteria -Basic Grey
Accessories - Primas, buttons, white dotted organdy, Kaiser rhinestones
Photobucket


10 comments:

  1. These are all fantastic! Thanks for playing along :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Stunning! I so need to go look for these MS Wedding things!!! Love you CIC card, and the altered notes are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That CIC card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! And what cute note cards you altered! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards! What a great idea to add to dollar note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the papers you used on the first card! And the border is so beautiful!
    What a great find at Michaels! Love how you altered these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your Wisteria card for the FTL Challenge. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!!! Love what you did with those notecards from Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle,
    I love how you altered the Michaels notecards and made them so super cute! Just curious...do they still fit in the envelopes that came with them? Or are you planning to do something else with them??
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.