Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hip Hop Rewind -Birthday Chic!

Hi everyone and welcome to my 3rd Hip Hop! Today's theme is Hip Hop Rewind. We can use any kit previously released by Unity. I chose the super fun Birthday Chic!! I am always in need of birthday cards and this set is PERFECT and FUN!

If you are following the hop, you came my way via the amazing Jen Buck. If not, feel free to go back to the beginning at Angela's blog -there's lots of great Rewind goodness to see! This card also uses yesterday's SCS sketch. I colored the present with copics and highlighted the ribbon and bow with Sakura Stardust pens. The DP is a combo of PTI Bitty Stars and SU's Delicate Dots.

This second card is SUPER quick and easy to make -love those for the last minute cards my sister always needs -LOL! See the fun scalloped paper? I found at Big Lots an entire Martha Steward bridal invitation kit for $2!! It has 40 A2 sized cards with a punched/embossed border and envies (plus lots more). S-C-O-R-E! These are perfect for CAS cards, so I am sure you will be seeing lots more cards with this lovely border!

All I did for this card is stamp the super cute sentiment, add some ribbon and LOTS of bling. It's hard to see in the picture but the row of rhinestones alternate pink and clear!!

Like usual, I will be chatting in the Hip Hip thread and giving away another prize around 1:00 (Pacific). Stop by and say HI!!


NOW HEAD ON TO THE FABULOUS:

---ROBYN--- !!!!!

My good friend, Rachel who owns the amazing store Hope Stamps Eternal is having a Design Team call! There is still time to apply, here are the details!!

If you haven't already done so, be sure to check out my blog candy! There are 2 fun prizes up for grabs!! Leave me a comment on this post.


Photobucket

34 comments:

  1. These are sooooooo cool Michelle!!! The first is so fun and funky with it's groovy image and bright colours and the second is so gorgeous - love the scalloped border and touches of bling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both!!! I need to get to Big Lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Love your birthday card....yes, I'm always in need of them also. What a score at Big Lots!! Need to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. birthday? bloggaversary? new guest designer? OH, where have I been?!! I miss playing with you and Heidi.....all work and no play makes for a very dull squirrell!!!

    Great cards!! Happy belated birthday!!

    squirrellyshirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are GREAT, Michelle!....but I'm REALLY lovin' that pink and white card. The bling on the flowers is jusst PERFECTO!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are fantastic and wow...I do have to go to Big Lots for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these and wow on the big lots deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmy, that border with the bling is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards. I love all the details in the 2nd one but both are really great

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice - good job on your shopping find!
    thanks for the inspiration!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are just so pretty and elegant! Thanks for the great tip on the Martha Stewart bridal cards! I'll be grabbing them the next time I'm in WalMart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards!! I just bought that Martha Stewart set at WalMart on clearance for $9.00 which I thought was a great deal - until I read this :) But I still need one more set to do the invitations for my daughter's friend so we will be checking out BIG Lots!! Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle, your cards are always so Perfect! Love your creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are awesome Michelle!! What a great find on that MS paper! Don't you just love it when you find something like this at such a bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are great cards! You totally scored at Big Lots, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello Michelle
    I just all your the colors and the layout... and ect.... they really cheer up me up!!! I could look at them all day!!! hotwheels

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the white card...so simple and sweet! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards. The MS card with the punched out border is precious. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a FIND!! Wow! This is such an elegant card -- both of your projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elegant and pretty, and such a bargain.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.