Monday, June 1, 2009

And the fun news is...

I am one of the June Guest Designers for Unity Stamp Company! Woohoo! I have been a BIG fan of Unity, since I first discovered them last year. I just LOVE all the whimsical designs of Angela's stamps and the DT is top notch. What an honor to work with them this month! So during June, keep an eye out for some cards using the FABULOUS June Kit of the Month. I will also be participating in the super fun Thursday Hip Hop and chatting in the Hip Hop thread in the SCS Unity forum!

To kick things off, I have 2 cards to share using the teapot images from June's KOM. This first card is also for this week's Featured Stamper challenge -Roxy (Rox71). I chose this super cute card to case, it's YELLOW! I couldn't resist :-) I kept the layout and changed up the images and colors.

Aren't these teapots the cutest? I squeeled with delight when I saw them in the kit. I stamped them facing each other and colored them with Copic markers. I thought this amazing crocheted flower was perfect for the homey feel of the teapots. I really like how Rox did her corners with the flowers, but I couldn't make anything work with it. So, I tucked some ribbon and punched branches under each side. The pattern paper is PTI bitty stars.

Next up is the Birdie, Tea, You & Me image which is pieced with a teapot image stamped with the ladybug border on it. Whew, say that 3 times fast! I stamped the teapot 2 times and on one I stamped the ladybug border over it. Then I cut out the teapot body from it and pieced it to the colored one. Presto! You can create as many designes on your teapots as you want!!

I used the same PTI pattern paper and some of their Hibiscus Pink grosgrain ribbon.

OK, please ignore the awful layers on this card (don't pretend you didn't notice -LOL)! All I can say is DON'T talk to your mom on the phone about kitchen cabinets and trim at the same time. 'Nuff said.

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned tomorrow for another wonderful Jacksonbelle challenge. And she has Stampavie stamps new in the store and all her Shimmerz are 30% off!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Unity June Kit of the Month
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, white, Bitty Star Basics (all PTI)
Accessories - Swiss Dots EF, crochetted flower, gold jumbo brad, martha Stewart branch punch, yellow dotted organdy ribbon, copic markers, paper piercer, gold accents for teapot

Card Deets:
Stamps - Unity June Kit of the Month
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - black, white, pink hibiscus, Bitty Star Basics (all PTI)
Accessories - Circle nesties, white gel pen, pink hibiscus grosgrain ribbon

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! I can't believe I am the first one to tell you how thrilled I am for you for the new guest designer spot. You go girl! Unity stamps picked one of the best card designers out there. I love this set! I especailly love the blue and yellow colors you used on this card. too cute.
    Have fun Michelle.
    Hugs,
    Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com./
    Come see me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Michelle I am SO HAPPY for you!!!! You are going to totally ROCK those stamps!!!! Love these cards, awesome colours, layouts and embellies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, that is fantastic news!! I totally know you will do an awesome job! Your samples today are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well HUUUUUUUUGE congratulations, dudette!! You'll do Unity proud.

    Love both cards, especially that first card with the blue and white crocheted flower. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute, great news on the GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your Unity gig, Michelle!!!! Woohoo!!!! Love your cards!!!! Great colors and details!!!

    Did you see the NEW MOON trailor? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!

    lovely card
    so colorful and fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. COngrats Michelle!!! Thats sooo awesome!! cant wait to see more Unity goodness from you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!
    Love the cards - lots of inspiration here!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! Love your cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so happy for you! hugs can't wait to get to know you more! welcome to Unity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOHOO!!!! Yay Michelle...congrats on the Unity GDT spot. Love there stuff so I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.