Tuesday, March 31, 2009

JBelle Tuesday challenge and CAS challenge

Hi everyone! Today is Tuesday and that means another Jbelle challenge! This week's challenge is to make a spring card. I know, a repeat... but hey, why not? We are all itchin' for some SPRINGTIME already! LOL!


Like always, you don't need to have JBelle supplies to play, but if you don't have any, you can check out the store and see what strikes your fancy. There is brand new Pink Paislee stuff in the house!!

My card uses the super cute Imaginisce For Peeps Sake Thank You stamp along with Pink Paislee DP. The paper is from the Enchanting line, Delightful page -such cute butterflies!! Here is my opinion on Pink Paislee paper, you all know my first love is Basic Grey, but having this paper is the perfect compliment to BG. It is a bit whimsical and lots of fun colors and patterns. BG tends to be a bit more elegant. I am super thrilled Linds started carrying it!!

Back to the card, nothing says spring like GREEN GALORE! LOL! I just love this green color and was happy to see this DP was a perfect match. The 3 Dew Drops at the bottom are from the Lily Pad bottle. See all that 1/8" organdy ribbon? What a dream! Small and pliable, easy to work with and packs quite a punch! It's from Heidi's store and is very reasonably priced!

Here is a pic of the inside. Decorating the insides is all the rage right now, and I love doing it too. But, I like to keep them really simple like a strip or two of coordinating DP. I like how it leaves plenty of room to write and uses up DP scraps!

If you play along, be sure to use keyword JBE047 when you upload your card so we can find all the lovely Springness in one place. Don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for their spring cards!

AJ Otto--The Willow Garden
Heather Lee-Reppen--
Ink on my Ear
Jill Dunn--
InkGenious
Jennifer Buck--
The Buck Stamps Here
Kimberly O'Rosky--
Sunshiny Days
Kisa Peters--
Kisa's Paper Cuts
Lindsey Botkin--
Embellished
Lynda Benden--
Stamp Act
Maren Benedict--
Zany not Crazy
Melissa Bove--
Creating From the Heart
Taylor Usry--
Musings of an Addict


Like last week, I also have CAS challenge card to share. This week's SCS CAS challenge was to follow a sketch -my fav. I LOVE making CAS cards and this is fast becoming my favorite weekly challenge. I needed some Thank you cards and I about fell out of my chair at the cuteness of this Imaginisce Thank you stamp! So, I hope you all don't get sick of seeing several more. LOL!


This card also uses some of the Pink Paislee paper from Jacksonbelle's store! This paper is from the Office Lingo line. Specifically, the Lunch Hour and Fast Track papers. Again, I colored the flower and leaves with Copics and put an orange gem in the center. The buttons and 1/8" organdy ribbon are both from Heidi's store, Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts. There are 2 scored lines at the bottom of the card, it's a bit hard to see in the pic.

Here is a close up of the details. You can see the scored lines better here.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow cause it's MY turn to post on the Verve Project Parade route!!


Card Deets (JBelle card):
Stamps: Thank you single
Paper: Green Galore, white, DP by Pink Paislee
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: 1/8" organdy ribbon, MS butterfly punch, mini butterfly punch, CB swiss dots EF, dew drops, Kaiser gems in pink and green

Card Deets (CAS card):
Stamps: Thank you single
Paper: white, DP by Pink Paislee
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories: buttons, score-pal, orange gem, 1/8" organdy

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. WOW Michelle, WOW! These are BOTH sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE them both!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are absolutely terrific! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sigh every time I come to you blog and see Edward :)
    These are both so cute. Love the papers you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! They are both Beautiful!!! Stunning!!!! It is hard to concentrate though with that yummyness scrolling by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Michelle!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GORGEOUS girlie! LOVE the look of CAS cards...I really should try that sometime ;)

    Have you checked out
    www.newmoonmovie.org

    SIGH.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are gorgeous - Michelle!!! Love the CAS look!!! Glad to see you are feeling better ;) and you are on a stampin' roll!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are awesome Michelle! I love the Imaginisce stamp, too cute! The papers you used on both are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards! Love the colors and the designs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! LOVe the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT job Michelle! LOVE the spring-y-ness they exude!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, girl...what gorgeous cards!!! Such beautiful images, colors, embellies...love your awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.